August 21, 2009

what is sexy...


So what is sexy anyway? I know I'm detering from the usual fare of drugs, sex and rock & roll, but a friend of mine said something last night that got me thinking. Last night a friend said to me "You're sexy, could you teach me to be sexy?" While I was flattered, I was thouroughly confused. You see, I'm a nerd. A huge nerd! Probably one of the biggest to ever grace humankind. As a child, I had poufy, untamed hair, huge glasses, buckteeth, and le piece de resistance, my mother made my clothes, and I went to public school. I never had a chance, kids. It's probably why I'm not super social and tend to internalize a great many of things. Nothing personal. But what is different now is that I'm way more comfortable in my own skin than I was then (most likely because I choose what I wear now). But I think that is key. See my role model for femme fatality is the late Ms. Eartha Kitt. She spoke 5 languages (nerd thing again), she was an international treasure, and even tagged by a president as a sex kitten (he meant it as a condemnation, but it sounds like a ringing endorsement to me). She owned it, and I guess that's integral. So regardless if you're super nerdy or have sex appeal oozing out you're pores, walk tall, walk confident, and feel good about yourself. People are bound to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment