August 21, 2009

Last night ruled!

So, I went to another El Jezel show last night and it was epic!!! I'm hoping if I blog enough I can get some more free merch (broke blogger alert). It was amazing. It was at spike hill in willamburg, which is always a free venue, so if you have a chance go. Opening was the amazing Jonathan Pilkington Khant, or JPK for short. He too was spurt of radness with his guitar and upright, which in the heat, carrying that thing anywhere, is a commendable feat. Then El Jezel played an up tempo set that got just about everyone moving. There were even devil horns thown in the audience at some point during the show (it wasn't me, I know better). If you get a chance to see them, GO! Seriously.
Afterwards, there were the usual shenanigans that me and my crew of awesome usually find. At one point of the night, I loudly chastised one of my companions for nursing a shot. He claimed he was enjoying fine whisky... well, then use a big boy cup and not a shot glass dear. :) But my friends are really amazing and I enjoy their company immensely. Especially at 1:30 in the morning on the subway while we blow bubbles in the train car. Life doesn't get anymore enchanted. To all my lovelies who bother reading my ramblings, click here.
Currently, I'm listening to Royksopp, Robyn and Emilie Simon. It's a party of one at my house and my face is being rocked off. I think I'm going to pick up Lykke Li to make it the axis of amazing. We shall see.
What are you listening to?

1 comment:

  1. From what I hear JPK is amazing!! i can't wait to see him at the viper room!

    ReplyDelete