April 19, 2009

It all comes back in the end

Have you ever wondered why that when you fall asleep on the subway, you always wake up the stop after your destination? It's a pain in the ass, I say. It's bad enough that I'm coming home at 4 in the morning, but I can't even catch a nap for the 30 mins I'm on the train. Boo.
In other news, my roommates are turds. That's right, turds. For those that aren't aware. I sleep on the couch at a friends house because the apartment that I was living in kept flooding. These "friends" were quite insistent that I stay with them b/c of a shitty living shituation (get it?). Anyway, shortly after I found out I was getting laid off from my job...sad trombone. At this point life pretty much sucks. I have all the regular crapfests that are adulthood (read: student loans, bills, etc.), then this. Peachy. The cherry on top is that it's apparent that one of the roommates doesn't like me but he's too two-faced to admit it. Hmmm.....
The kicker of the whole thing, the two "friends" told me today that the others feel like I've moved in as a roommate, um, newsflash, I pay rent. I mean I sincerely don't want this to be a permanent thing, trust, but this economy ain't exactly booming for jobs. So, to ameliorate this they want to triple what I pay (to sleep on the couch) and ideally me out, altogether, in two weeks. Now it may be because I'm not from here, but are all new yorkers this loathsome and opportunistic. I would understand if I were sitting around all day, but I go to work, and interviews, and clean up after myself, and generally stay out of the way. No, I think my roommates are just turds!

No comments:

Post a Comment