April 9, 2009

I consume therefore I am

New York City has tought me alot about style and what it is to have it. I would like to think that I do, however living out of a suitcase tends to cramp ones style as well as wrinkle it. I tend to be unhappy with my style because everything that I love most about it is boxed up and stored in a different state. Boo! All my fabulous jewelry and costume pieces. I have tons of wigs because I like to change my hair so often that I had to find a healthy alternative then dying it every color of the rainbow (to be fair I haven't done blue or green, but I'm not opposed to it). I saw a white wig today and wanted it. White hair is my new obsession. We're talking Warhol white. My hair will not turn that color no matter how hard I could possibly try so we're going to get a wig. I also miss my kick-ass headbands. I definately have a distinct style that's hard to pull off and expensive to replace. So that is my defense for lack of style as of late.
In other news, I just finished a book called Freakonomics and it was good. One chapter talked about what peoples names mean and how they can indicate their socioeconomic status. That fascinated the crap out of me. I realised how true it was. My name is considered low-end but I never liked it anyway. I could just never figure out what to change it to. But it could be worse. My name disseminated from higher class at one point, my name was never made up. I saw this girl on her way home from work with her name tag still on, and she was named after liquor, so my parents I guess didn't do too bad. However, if I were to change my name what should it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment