January 1, 2010

Welcome 2010!!! I'm so glad to finally meet you. You're predecessor wasn't too kind to me, so I am desperately hoping for things to change.

So, this is me early this morning after our little New Year's shindig. In my hand is an empty bottle formerly of cider. I learned from last year's mistakes and didn't want to spend today severely hungover. It's also proof that when I told my parents I was drinking cider, I was indeed telling the truth. I want to be better this year.

Speaking of being better, I did a kick ass job on my make-up last night. It is said that what ever you are doing when you ring in the new year is what you will do all year. That's why people kiss at midnight. I was too busy being glamorous. For realsies.

I am honestly looking forward to the new year. Last year was utter crap. I didn't make any resolutions for the year because I never keep them, but I do have aspirations for this year. I even got up and ran 3 miles today. I'm hoping that by April I'll be in shape to run the half marathon. We shall see.

This year, I may even go back to full vegetarianism. It's too early to tell. I've been eating fish and chicken this year b/c of the wonky way my body works, but I will take it one day at a time and just make sure that my body gets what it needs.

As there is a new beginning so must there be an end. I am at the end of my internship at the music magazine. I have learned so much in these past few months. Hopefully, I can go out into the world and parlay it into something big. One would hope.

I hope that this new year finds you happy and healthy. Follow your dreams and make 2010 great!

L.V.

No comments:

Post a Comment